During Snow Week and Homecoming, I often forget that the majority of people I interact with outside of school aren't celebrating the dress up days. For example, when I was picking up my kiddos at daycare on Monday, I got some funny looks being in sweatpants and a sweatshirt on a school day. Then today while walking in the building, proudly sporting my Hogwarts PJ pants, a mom dropping off her son looked at me really funny. These outfits did not send the professional, put-together nonverbal message my clothing usually sends on a school day. I am usually less focused on these days as a teacher, too. Self-fulfilling prophecy?

Wow, I never even thought about your point of view on dress up days... for students it's like, "oh must be homecoming for them" but for teachers it's more like, "what is going on and why would adults be dressed like this". Very interesting!
ReplyDelete