Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Cultures change...but some stay the same
I identify with a lot of cultures. Up until I had my daughter, I identified strongly with the running culture. I used that as the culture I shared in this class. It's not that I don't still enjoy running; I'll get back to it, but creating time to run with two kiddos just isn't happening for me so far. Walking into my classroom, one could easily see many of the other cultures I identify with. For example, I have KoMet stuff on and around my desk. I have Stitch figures as well showing that I am part of the Disney fandom. I have Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts posters on my wall and my door showing that I am a Potterhead. There are books and quotes to show that I am not only a teacher, but an English teacher that appreciates quotes and literature. I have pictures of Duluth all around my desk, too, so I see myself as a big fan of Lake Life and the city of Duluth, which gives me two other cultures. What other cultures do you see me representing?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My cousins live in Duluth so I go up there quite a bit. We mostly go in the summer, so we go to the pier and watch all the boats come and go from the shores.
ReplyDeleteWhat are some of your favorite things to do or see? We'll be back in Duluth in July for sure.
DeleteThat’s actually pretty mint not gunna lie, i honestly see you identifying as the irish culture. Duluth is quite a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteExcellent point, Elijah! I married into a very Irish family and have really taken on the culture, too. Thanks for pointing that out!
DeleteI love the sights of Duluth. Me and my moms friend traveled all over there and we had fun
ReplyDeleteWhat were some of your favorite memories of Duluth? Somewhere new I should check out on our next trip?
Delete